Saturday, July 30, 2011

Introductions

Hi there,
this is the Eclectic Dude!

Well this first post is going to be an introduction. Who I am, what stuff ill be looking at, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam.

First off, I am a guy is his early 20s with a rather healthy addiction to anime, modern classical music, and history of the past 100 years or so.

Now, the purpose of this blog will be to explore anime titles in my personal library mostly. I might get to stuff I don't own later, as I am a firm believer of starting with what you know. Now, most of my library is filled with obscure titles from 90s (mostly) Ive collected over the past year at least, to stuff I've owned for a few years.

Now, like most of my generation who are into anime, I remember Sailor Moon (vaguely), Pokemon, Digimon, YuGiOh, etc. (the anime explosion of the late 90s/early 00s). Though, it wasn't until I watched Evangelion and FullMetal Alchemist back in '03-'04 that I finally realized what it was, which was anime.

Now, after that, I searched out other titles like Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, etc. In my opinion, they are very good. In time, I came to like certain genres over others (scifi and fantasy) though I will watch any anime short of hentai (will not watch much less review).

Finally, late last year, I was thinking 'what else could there be in anime?' I mean, I like the current series though those were becoming far and few between. So, a few hours search on ANN (Anime News Network) later, I found a few OVAs that I never heard of. Turns out, they were selling for real cheap on Amazon.com and so I bought them. They came in the mail a week later or so. I watched them, and now I watch them (along with others I bought in the past 7 months) more than once.

So, I'll try to put in a review at least once a week. I'll look at the general aspects: story, animation, characters, etc. and rate on a 1-10 scale.
-Looks over to my shelf of anime dvds-
Hmm.....where to start?
Aha! Yes, a good start: Otaku no Video!!!
Should have it out before end of next week

Laterz ^_^

No comments: