Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2012 Announcement


Well, I am on Maybreak from school and so I decided to do another themed month. I mean, why not? It’s been a while since I did a themed month, by that I mean two months.

This time, the theme is “Guilty Pleasures”. Now, in anime, there are those titles that are either infamous for some reason and/or so out of bounds in terms of mainstream standards that it’s hard to get into. Titles like that include Panty and Stocking w/ Garterbelt, Queen’s Blade, Ikki Tousen, Elfen Lied, and others. You know, those shows that when you mention liking them in conversations with your anime friends, they give you weird wide-eyed stare like ‘what the heck is wrong with you?’.

Granted, I haven’t watched much of Queen’s Blade of Ikki Tousen as they seemed too much for me (too much as in being too stupid). Eiken I would consider a 'guilty pleasure' if it wasn't so dull, boring and insipid, so I don't.  Elfen Lied I watched all at once and that was it. Panty and Stocking I watched around the time and enjoyed it quite a lot and hope on getting the collection on DVD this summer, perhaps reviewing later in the year. Not at this moment, unfortunately.

Of course, being a personal blog of written anime reviews, I have chosen three titles that I consider ‘guilty pleasures’, at least in my opinion. Here’s my schedule, returning to Sunday releases:

May 6th Anime Review No. 30: Magical Witch Punie-chan

May 13th Anime Review No. 31: Golden Boy Part I

May 20th Golden Boy Part II

May 27th Anime Review No. 32: I Dream of Mimi  

Once again, I am doing a two part review on Golden Boy as I own it on a 2-DVD collection.
If you haven’t heard of any of these, then prepare for it. If you have heard of one of these (and you probably already know which one that is), then still prepare for it. It is going to be interesting. 

No comments: